A healthy roasted fennel and carrots recipe, perfect with any main course. Paleo, Vegan, keto and Whole30 approved.
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 2 extra large carrots
- 1/2 small onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil (plus more for greasing pan)
- 1 tsp flaked salt
- 1/2 small lemon
- handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare the vegetables: Cut the base and the stalks off of the fennel bulb, then chop into circular pieces about 1/4" thick. Peel the carrots and chop into circles about 1/4" thick. Cut the onion in half, remove the papery skin and chop. Press the garlic using a garlic press.
- Place all vegetables in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with oil, then mix with tongs. Add the flaked salt and mix again.
- Grease a baking sheet with with oil. Place the vegetables on the baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Place on the middle rack of your oven and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, flip the veggies, then bake another 20 minutes. Optional: broil 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, drizzle with fresh lemon juice, top with chopped parsley and additional salt to taste.
- Serve warm.
Keywords: fennel, roasted fennel recipe, oven baked fennel, fennel and carrots, whole30 side dish, Vegan, Paleo, nut free, egg free, dairy free, keto