A delicious Paleo bread, perfect as a side or toasted and topped with anything from avocado to almond butter.
- 300g steamed sweet potato (about 1 +1/3 cups mashed)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cassava flour (150g)
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash sweet potato and cut into cubes, then steam in a steamer pot until tender. Cool to room temperature.
- Add cooled sweet potato, egg and olive oil to food processor* Blend until well mixed.
- Add in cassava flour, thyme, baking soda and salt. Mix with a spatula, then blend.
- Add in water, mix with a spatula and then blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into a lined 8″ x 4″ baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Remove bread from oven and cool in pan to room temperature, or for at least 15 minutes. Then, transfer to a cooling rack to further cool and release some moisture.
*If you don’t have a food processor, a high powered blender may be used. Or, simply mash the sweet potato and combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Keywords: bread, Paleo, Nut Free, Cassava Flour, Thyme, No Added Sugar