This healthy strawberry crisp recipe has a lightly sweetened strawberry filling that's topped with an oat-free crumble topping. Paleo, gluten free, dairy free and egg free!
- 3 1/2 cups fresh quartered strawberries (550g)*
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp tapioca flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Make the Strawberry Filling
- Place strawberries in a medium-sized bowl, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, lemon juice, vanilla and salt. Whisk until well combined. Pour the mixture over the strawberries and mix with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the tapioca flour over the strawberries and mix with a spatula until well coated.
- Pour the strawberry filling into an 11" x 7" or 8" x 8" baking dish. Set aside.
Make the Crumble Topping
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut, tapioca flour and salt. Add in the shortening and honey. First, mix with a fork, then use your hands to combine the dough.
- Crumble the topping over the strawberry filling, then lightly pat down with your hands.
Bake and Cool
- Place the crisp in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. The strawberry filling should be bubbling and the topping should be golden brown when done.
- Cool the crisp in the baking dish.
- Serve either warm, room temperature or chilled.
For best results, measure ingredients by weight.
*May substitute with frozen strawberries - just defrost them before using.
**Use tigernut flour for a nut free option.
Keywords: strawberries, strawberry crisp, paleo crisp recipe, oat free strawberry crisp, grain free strawberry dessert, easy strawberry dessert recipe, egg free dessert