These healthy brownies are made with sweet potato. They're nut free, dairy free, grain free, flourless and perfect for the whole family.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, combine mashed sweet potato, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Add in remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Scoop batter into a lined 8" x 8" glass pan. Using a spatula, spread the batter to the sides making an even, level surface.
- Place the brownies in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes. The edges should be firm and the middle should be slightly soft.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and cool to room temperature in the pan.
- Top with choice of frosting once fully cooled.
- Best stored in fridge up to one week.
*I recommend Japanese sweet potatoes. They tend to be slightly drier and sweeter than other varieties, but any feel free to swap with any other type of sweet potato. For the mashed sweet potato: first wash and chop sweet potato. Then steam in a steamer pot until tender. Let the potato cool to room temperature, then make the batter.
Keywords: brownies, chocolate, dessert, nut free, Paleo, sweet potato