Healthy Paleo brownies made with sweet potatoes. Nut free, dairy free, grain free and perfect for the whole family.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, combine mashed sweet potato, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Add in remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Scoop batter into a lined 8″ x 8″ glass pan. Using a spatula, spread the batter to the sides making an even, level surface.
- Place the brownies in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 33-35 minutes. The edges should be firm and the middle should be slightly soft.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and cool to room temperature in the pan.
- Top with choice of frosting once fully cooled.
- Best stored in fridge up to one week.
*I recommend Japanese sweet potatoes, but any variety will work. For the mashed sweet potato: first wash and chop sweet potato. Then steam in a steamer pot until tender. Let the potato cool to room temperature, then make the batter.
Keywords: brownies, chocolate, dessert, nut free, Paleo, sweet potato