This is the best Lemon Ginger Salmon recipe! Pan cooked, unsweetened, Paleo and Whole30 approved.
- 2 salmon filets (fresh or fully defrosted)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp freshly ground, raw ginger
- 1/2 small lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- freshly chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat frying pan on medium heat.
- Add oil, raw ginger and freshly pressed garlic. Sautee on medium heat for about 3 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Remove the garlic and ginger from the pan and place in a small dish. Leave the excess oil on the pan for cooking the salmon.
- Place the salmon filets on the pan, skin side up. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and flip the salmon so that the skin is now touching the pan. Spread the sautéed garlic and ginger on each of the filets. Cover and cook an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off the burner. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on the salmon, add salt pepper and chopped parsley to taste.
The instructions for this recipe are for well-done, cooked through salmon, as I do not like undercooked fish or meat.
Keywords: salmon, lunch, dinner, Paleo meals, Whole30, nut free, egg free, no added sugar