Simple vanilla protein muffins that are gluten free, dairy free and paleo friendly. They are light, fluffy and moist.
- 1/2 cup vanilla pea protein powder (57g)*
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour (72g)
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour (42g)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup yogurt (I used unsweetened almond milk yogurt)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp raw honey (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper or silicone muffin liners**
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. This includes the pea protein, almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add in the eggs, yogurt, water, honey and vanilla. Whisk batter until smooth.
- Scoop the batter into the lined muffin pan, filling each slot about 3/4 full.
- Place the muffins in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 23-25 minutes.
- Remove muffins from oven, cool 5 minutes in pan, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
*For best results, I recommend using a pea protein powder. My favorite is from Nuzest. You can use my discount code "bakeitpaleo" for 15% off any purchase on the Nuzest website.
**The muffins will stick to the paper liners unless they are cooled completely.
Keywords: vanilla protein muffins, pea protein muffins, vanilla protein powder muffins, gluten free protein muffins, grain free protein muffins, paleo protein muffins, pea protein muffins, pea protein recipes