Healthy vegan applesauce waffles made with tigernut flour and cassava flour. Paleo, gluten free, nut free and only sweetened with applesauce - no added sugar.
- 1/2 cup tigernut flour (50g)
- 1/3 cup cassava flour (48g)
- 1 tsp apple pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (128g)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 215 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Mix in wet ingredients.
- Let batter rest for 5 minutes to thicken. During this time, preheat miniature waffle iron.
- Scoop 1/4 cup batter into the waffle iron and cook until done.
- Place the cooked waffles on a wire cooling rack in the preheated oven.
For best results, measure ingredients by weight (when given).
Keywords: applesauce waffles, vegan applesauce waffles, vegan apple waffles, paleo apple waffles, nut free applesauce waffles, nut free paleo waffles, allergy free waffle recipe, tigernut flour waffles, cassava flour waffles, no added sugar recipes