These healthy vegan beet brownies are made with cooked beets and sweetened with dates. They're gluten free, vegan and paleo friendly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8" x 8" glass baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Soften the dates: remove the pits from the dates and place the dates in a small bowl or large cup. Boil water and pour it over the dates, covering them completely. Let the dates sit for 5 minutes.
- Drain the water from the dates and place them in a food processor or high powered blender, along with the cooked beets. Blend the mixture, stopping every so often to scrape the sides.
- Add in the avocado oil, vanilla, almond flour, cocoa powder and salt. Blend the mixture until smooth, stopping every so often to scrape the sides.
- Place the dark chocolate in a small sauce pan and melt on the stove top, over low heat. Once fully melted, combine the chocolate and the rest of the brownie mixture in a large mixing bowl. Mix with a spatula until well combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into a the lined baking dish and place in the oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- After baking, cool the brownies to room temperature in the baking dish.
- Store in fridge up to two weeks.
*I used pre-cooked beets, but you may steam or roast your own.
Keywords: beet brownies, vegan beet brownies, paleo beet brownies, paleo brownie recipe, healthy brownies, healthy beet brownies, fudgy beet brownies, chocolate beet brownies, beetroot brownies, paleo desserts, egg free paleo desserts