Healthy vegan buckwheat muffins made with buckwheat flour and loaded with dark chocolate chips. Gluten free, paleo friendly and kid approved.
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (150g)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (28g)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk*
- 1/2 cup almond milk yogurt*
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin pan with 9 silicone muffin liners.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients except the chocolate chips. This includes the buckwheat flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add in the wet ingredients (almond milk, yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla) and whisk until smooth.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the batter using a spatula.
- Scoop the batter into the lined muffin pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 22-25 minutes**
- Remove the muffins from the oven and cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Then take the muffins out of their silicone liners and cool on a wire cooling rack.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge up to one week.
*May swap the almond milk and yogurt for any plant based milk/yogurt. For nut-free, use coconut milk yogurt and coconut milk.
**The muffins should be slightly under-baked when they come out of the oven.
Keywords: buckwheat muffins, buckwheat flour recipes, paleo buckwheat muffins, gluten free vegan buckwheat muffins, vegan muffins, gluten free chocolate chip muffins, egg free muffins, allergy friendly snack