Simple, easy to make Dehydrated Plantain Chips made in a dehydrator. Paleo, Vegan, Whole30 and allergy friendly.
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- Peel plantains and cut into thin, circular pieces
- Place plantains on dehydrator racks.
- Sprinkle plantains with cinnamon and salt.
- Plug in dehydrator (I suggest in the garage or outside in a shaded area) and set on high.
- Let dry until done; typically 2-4 hours**
*The number of plantains depends on how many plantain chips you want to make and the size of your dehydrator. Also, ripe or unripe plantains will work. I used ripe plantains, which turn out looking more yellow in color than unripe ones. Lastly, ripe plantain chips will have a sweeter taste and take longer to dry than unripe ones.
**The time to dehydrate usually takes between 2-4 hours, depending on how thick you cut the plantains an their level of ripeness.
Keywords: plantain chips, dehydrated plantain chips, dehydrator recipes, paleo plantain chips, oil free plantain chips, whole30 snack ideas, whole30 plantain chips, cinnamon plantain chips, homemade plantain chips, air dried plantains