These healthy air fryer chicken wings are paleo, whole30 and gluten free. They are marinated in a mustard BBQ sauce and cooked in the air fryer.
- 8-12 chicken wings
- 1/3-1/2 cup Mustard BBQ Sauce*
- 1 Tbsp cassava flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Place wings in a large bowl or container. Pour sauce over wings and mix using tongs or a spoon so that the wings are fully coated.
- Cover the bowl and place the wings in the fridge for at least 8 hours to marinate**
- Remove wings from fridge and sprinkle cassava flour, salt and garlic powder over the marinated wings. Mix using tongs or a spoon until well coated.
- Grease the wire air fryer basket (I used avocado oil) and place the wings on the basket so that they are not over-lapping.
- Place the wire basket on the air fryer baking sheet and place the wings in the bottom rack of the oven.
- Plug in the air fryer. Turn the function to air fry, the temperature to 400 degrees and set the timer for 10 minutes. Air fry for 10 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven, flip and air fry for another 5-10 minutes.
- Best served immediately.
The instructions for this recipe are given for the Cuisinart Toaster Oven Air Fryer.
*You need enough sauce to coat the wings
**You don't have to marinate the wings, but it's recommended for optimal flavor.
Keywords: air fryer chicken wings, air fryer recipes, paleo chicken wings, whole30 chicken wings, chicken wings cooked in the air fryer, paleo dinner ideas, whole30 appetizers, gluten free chicken wings, mustard BBQ chicken wings