These healthy air fryer chicken wings are marinated in a mustard BBQ sauce and cooked in the air fryer. They're paleo, whole30, gluten free and packed with flavor. This is an easy appetizer or main dish the whole family will love!
If you're looking for a healthy, but flavorful and delicious chicken wing recipe then you're in the right place!
These air fryer chicken wings are easy to make, quick to cook and made with wholesome ingredients. This recipe is paleo and whole30, but tasty enough that even someone following a not-so-healthy diet will love.
Healthy Chicken Wings Recipe
Here's what you need to know about these mustard BBQ chicken wings:
- paleo and whole30 approved
- low carb
- only 5 ingredients
- cooked in the air fryer
- no added sugar
- juicy and flavorful
This is a 5 ingredient chicken wing recipe. Yes, only 5 ingredients! Here's a list of what you need:
I used a paleo mustard BBQ sauce for these chicken wings; which has healthy ingredients (whole30 approved) and tastes wonderful! However, feel free to use your favorite BBQ sauce in place of the one I used.
How to Cook Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
Cooking chicken wings in the air fryer is super easy! I own the Cuisinart Convection Toaster Oven Air Fryer, so instructions are given using this air fryer. However, don't let that deter you from trying the recipe. Any air fryer will work!
These chicken wings have an easy marinade which consists of mustard BBQ sauce - that's it! Coat the wings in the BBQ sauce and place in the fridge for at least 8 hours.
After marinating, sprinkle the cassava flour, salt and garlic powder on the wings. Use tongs or a spoon to mix the wings until they are fully coated.
Cook in the Air Fryer
Grease the wire air fryer basket with some oil (I used avocado oil) and place the wings on the basket. They can be close, but try and keep the wings from touching.
Place the wire basket on the air fryer baking pan. This will catch any juices that drop from the chicken wings.
Next, place the wings in the bottom rack of the air fryer. Plug in the air fryer, turn the function to air fry, the temperature to 400 degrees and set the timer for 10 minutes.
Air fry the wings for 10 minutes.
After cooking, remove the wings and flip each one. Place them back in the air fryer and cook another 5 -10 minutes.
Keep any leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge. The wings are best eaten within 3-5 days.
Healthy Dip for Chicken Wings
Honestly, these wings taste great on their own and don't need a dip. But, if you're a dipping person and insist on something then here are a few whole30 dips for chicken wings:
Sides for Chicken Wings
More Paleo Chicken RecipesPrint
These healthy air fryer chicken wings are paleo, whole30 and gluten free. They are marinated in a mustard BBQ sauce and cooked in the air fryer.
- Place wings in a large bowl or container. Pour sauce over wings and mix using tongs or a spoon so that the wings are fully coated.
- Cover the bowl and place the wings in the fridge for at least 8 hours to marinate**
- Remove wings from fridge and sprinkle cassava flour, salt and garlic powder over the marinated wings. Mix using tongs or a spoon until well coated.
- Grease the wire air fryer basket (I used avocado oil) and place the wings on the basket so that they are not over-lapping.
- Place the wire basket on the air fryer baking sheet and place the wings in the bottom rack of the oven.
- Plug in the air fryer. Turn the function to air fry, the temperature to 400 degrees and set the timer for 10 minutes. Air fry for 10 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven, flip and air fry for another 5-10 minutes.
- Best served immediately.
The instructions for this recipe are given for the Cuisinart Toaster Oven Air Fryer.
*You need enough sauce to coat the wings
**You don't have to marinate the wings, but it's recommended for optimal flavor.
Keywords: air fryer chicken wings, air fryer recipes, paleo chicken wings, whole30 chicken wings, chicken wings cooked in the air fryer, paleo dinner ideas, whole30 appetizers, gluten free chicken wings, mustard BBQ chicken wings