This healthy avocado chocolate smoothie is paleo and whole30. It's the perfect way to sneak in some veggies and nutrient dense foods for breakfast, snack time or as a healthy dessert.
- 1 cup organic spinach, packed
- 1/3 cup organic cocoa powder
- 2 scoops collagen (omit for vegan)
- 1 Tbsp hemp seed
- 1 Tbsp ground flax*
- 1/2 large avocado
- 2 large, ripe bananas
- 2 pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup crushed ice (optional)
- Add all ingredients to blender except the crushed ice. Blend, starting at a low speed and gradually increasing until the mixture is smooth and consistent.
- Stop the blender and add the crushed ice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glass and add your favorite toppings.
*I grind whole flax seeds with a coffee grinder
Keywords: chocolate smoothie recipe, avocado chocolate smoothie, paleo chocolate smoothie, whole30 chocolate smoothie, healthy smoothie recipe, chocolate smoothie with avocado, healthy breakfast ideas, snack recipes, smoothies for kids