Baked Vegan Chocolate Donuts made with cassava flour and sunflower seed butter. The best healthy donut recipe! Paleo, Vegan and nut free.
- 1/3 cup cassava flour (50g)*
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (20g)*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup sunflower seed butter
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp sunflower seed butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the cassava flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add in the water, sunflower seed butter, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar and vanilla. Mix with a spatula until well combined.
- Place the silicone donut pan on a baking sheet and scoop the donut batter into the donut pan. Fill each slot almost level with the top, making 6 donuts.
- Put the donuts in the middle rack of your oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove donuts from oven, cool 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer them to a wire cooling rack.
- Place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small sauce pan. Melt on the stove top, over low heat.
- Once melted, turn off the heat and add in the sunflower seed butter. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the glaze into a small bowl, slightly bigger than the donuts. Dip the cooled donuts into the glaze and top with favorite toppings (sprinkles, chopped nuts, seeds, bee pollen...)**
*For best results, measure ingredients by weight
**You can also drizzle the glaze over the donuts
Keywords: vegan chocolate donuts, paleo donut recipe, grain free donuts, sunflower seed butter, sunbutter donuts, cassava flour recipes, cassava donuts, egg free desserts, breakfast, nut free paleo