Paleo blueberry muffins made with cassava flour and fresh blueberries. Perfect for a healthy, grain free breakfast or snack.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin pan with paper or silicone muffin liners (I used silicone), set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. This includes the cassava flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add in the wet ingredients (eggs, water, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla) and stir with a spatula until well combined.
- Fold blueberries into the batter.
- Let the batter sit for 5 minutes to thicken - it will be quite thick.
- Scoop batter into a lined muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. The muffins should be slightly under-baked when done.
- Remove muffins from the oven, cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Store in fridge.
*I recommend measuring the cassava flour by weight, as this yields the best results. If you don't have a kitchen scale, then make sure to measure the cassava flour by the spoon and level method.
**These muffins are not super sweet. If you want a sweeter muffin, increase the maple syrup by 1-2 tablespoons.
Keywords: blueberry cassava flour muffins, blueberry muffins, paleo blueberry muffins, nut free paleo muffins, cassava flour muffin recipe, small batch cassava muffins