These healthy butternut squash cookies are made with pureed butternut squash and almond butter. They're gluten free, paleo and vegan friendly!
- 1/2 cup pureed butternut squash*
- 1/2 cup almond butter (just almonds)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup blanched almond flour (35g)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine pureed squash, almond butter, melted coconut oil and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in the almond flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Really mix the dough using a spatula or wooden spoon. It should have a consistent texture and be a little oily.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Use a large cookie scoop (about 2 tablespoons per cookie) to scoop the dough onto the lined baking sheet. The cookies spread a bit, but not too much. I recommend leaving about an inch between each cookie.
- Place the cookies in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
- After baking, let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire cooling rack. The cookies are very soft right out of the oven, but will firm up once cooled.
Store cookies in and air tight container or baggie in the fridge up to 3 days, or the freezer up to one month. (I like them best stored in the freezer.)
*I pureed my own butternut squash, but canned should work too.
To puree butternut squash, cut the squash in half, remove the seeds, then cut it into cubes. You may remove the skin, but I didn't. Place the squash in a steamer pot and steam until tender. After steaming, cool the squash to room temperature. Lastly, place the squash in a food processor or high powered blender and blend until smooth.
Keywords: butternut squash cookies, paleo squash cookies, gluten free butternut squash cookies, vegan butternut squash cookies, chocolate chip squash cookies, healthy butternut squash cookies