Grain free Carrot Cake Crackers made with carrots, nuts, seeds, raisins and cassava flour. Great for a healthy, kid friendly snack.
- 1 medium sized carrot (65g)
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp water (if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash, peel and slice carrot into about 1/2-inch "coins".
- Add carrot, walnuts, raisins, and sunflower seeds to food processor. Blend well, stopping to scrape the edges every so often.
- Add in cassava flour, cinnamon and salt to mixture. Blend well.
- If needed, add water. Dough should form a ball in the food processor (looks a bit like play dough).
- Remove dough from food processor and flatten between two sheets of parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, roll dough until it's about about 1/8"-1/4" thick.
- Remove top layer of parchment paper and cut cracker dough into 2" squares. Transfer cut crackers (on parchment) to baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet on the middle rack of your oven and bake crackers at 350 deg for 15 minutes.
- Remove crackers from oven and flip. Bake another 10-15 minutes or until done*
- Cool crackers to room temperature on wire cooling rack. Store in air-tight container for up to one week.
*Baking time will vary slightly depending on cracker thickness and size
Keywords: carrot, crackers, snack, vegan, no added sugar, egg free