This chocolate chip banana bread is made with almond flour and low in sugar. It's great for snacking, an easy breakfast side or healthy dessert.
- 1 cup mashed banana (245g)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (180g)
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour (42g)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 - 1/2 miniature chocolate chips (I used 100% dark chocolate)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (I used 85% dark)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8" x 4" baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together mashed banana, eggs, olive oil and vanilla.
- Add in almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Fold chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking dish.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes in baking dish, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small sauce pan over low heat.
- Once fully melted, remove from heat and mix in tahini. Cool slightly then pour over cooled loaf.
Keywords: chocolate chip banana bread, paleo banana bread, almond flour banana bread, low sugar banana bread recipe, homemade banana bread