This chocolate chip ice cream recipe has no eggs and is made in a Cuisinart ice cream maker. It is gluten free, dairy free, egg free and refined sugar free (sweetened with dates).
- Boil a pot of water. Place pitted dates in a small bowl and pour boiling water over them so that they are fully submerged. Soak the dates for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain as much of the water as possible from the dates (I used a paper towel to try and soak up any excess water). Place the dates and the Sunbutter in a food processor or high powered blender and blend until well combined.
- Add coconut cream, vanilla and salt to the date mixture and blend until well mixed. There will be small pieces of dates left in the mixture, but this will not affect the texture.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker, along with the miniature chocolate chips.
- Churn ice cream for 15-20 minutes.
- Eat as-is or freeze for 1-2 hours and then enjoy.
This recipe is made using a Cuisinart ice cream maker. Before making your ice cream, be sure the double insulated freezer bowl has been placed in the freezer for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight.
This chocolate chip ice cream recipe freezes well. It does not get super hard and icy, but stays fairly soft like "regular" ice cream. I recommend storing leftovers in the freezer up to one month. Prior to eating, defrost the ice cream 10-20 minutes.
Keywords: chocolate chip ice cream, chocolate chip ice cream no egg, dairy free ice cream recipe, healthy ice cream recipe, date ice cream recipe, sunbutter ice cream, paleo ice cream recipe, paleo chocolate chip ice cream, vegan chocolate chip ice cream