Healthy, low carb protein bars using Ancient Nutrition’s Bone Broth Protein Powder.
- 1 cup blanched almond flour, lightly packed (105g)
- 3 level scoops unflavored, unsweetened bone broth protein powder (75g)
- 2 Tbsp golden monk fruit sweetener (or any granulated sugar)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup water (or almond milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks (or chocolate chips)
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine almond flour, bone broth protein, monk fruit and salt.
- Add in almond butter, water and vanilla. Mix with a spatula (batter should become thick and sticky).
- Chop the dark chocolate and fold it into the batter.
- Place batter in a lined 8″ x 4″ baking pan and firmly press down using a spatula or your hands*
- Place in freezer at least 2 hours to set.
- Remove from freezer, cut into 8 pieces of equal size.
- Optional: top with melted chocolate and flaked sea salt.
- Best stored in freezer.
*When making these protein bars, I lined my pan with plastic wrap. I simply cut a long piece of plastic wrap, folded it in half (to make it thicker) and then placed it in the pan. Next, I added the dough and evenly spread it out with a spatula. Then I folded the plastic wrap over the dough and used that as a barrier between my hands and the dough to press down the bars. After freezing, removal of the bars was easy and the plastic wrap peeled off perfectly.
Keywords: protein bar, bone broth, snack, low carb, Paleo, Keto, egg free, no bake