These gluten free chocolate crepes are made with almond flour and lightly sweetened with maple syrup. They are thin and pliable and have an optional chocolate fudge filling.
- 1/2 cup almond flour (45g)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder (24g)
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch (30g)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- oil for cooking
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp dark chocolate chips
- Preheat a frying pan* on medium heat and lightly grease the pan with oil (I used coconut oil)
- Next, make the batter. Combine all crepe ingredients in a blender. Blend, starting on the lowest setting and gradually increasing the speed until the batter is smooth and consistent.
- Pour about ¼ cup of batter onto the preheated frying pan. Grab the pan by the handle and rotate it to spread the batter across the entire bottom of the pan.
- Place the pan back on the stove top and cook on medium heat until it is nearly cooked through.
- Flip the crepe and cook it on the other side for about 1 minute more.
- Remove crepe from pan and set aside.
- Repeat steps 3-6 until until all batter has been used up.
- For the chocolate filling: melt coconut cream and dark chocolate chips in a small saucepan, over low heat. (Or microwave at 20 second intervals.)
- Spread the chocolate filling over the cooked crepes and fold or roll up.
*I used my 10.5" ceramic pan
Keywords: gluten free chocolate crepes, paleo chocolate crepes, chocolate crepes recipe, easy chocolate crepes, chocolate crepes with chocolate filling, dark chocolate crepes, almond flour chocolate crepes