We tend to go all-out on breakfast during the weekend. Pancakes, waffles, crepes... all decked out with toppings like coconut butter, chocolate chips, or nut butter. A little different from our weekday breakfasts. (Although I do frequently make my son waffles.)
Sometimes I whip up whatever I want to make, or a recipe I'm interested in trying, but other times I take requests from my boys. My husband most frequently asks for crepes, while my 3 year old son requests anything chocolate (oh how he takes after his mother).
With these two requests, it only seemed natural to cook up some Paleo- friendly Chocolate Crepes for a decadent, but still some-what healthy treat that would satisfy the cravings of both my husband and son. And since my 3 year old asked for more after his first crepe, I think it's safe to say that he enjoyed them!
These Chocolate Crepes are Paleo, grain-free, gluten-free and sweetened with coconut sugar. Even better, they are made with just 6 simple ingredients.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp water (or nut milk)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp blanched almond flour
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- coconut oil (or butter) for cooking
- Whisk together eggs, water and vanilla in medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add in all dry ingredients, whisk.
- Preheat frying pan (set heat to medium) and add oil.
- Once hot, pour approximately ¼ cup batter on pan.*
- Cook on medium heat until nearly cooked through, flip and cook a few seconds more.
- Remove from heat, roll up and repeat until batter is gone.
- Top with your favorite toppings and eat!
Recipe makes 6 crepes, using ¼ cup batter per crepe
*Spread batter thin, coating the entire bottom of the pan in order to create a crepe rather than a pancake.