Paleo and Vegan chocolate waffles made with tigernut flour. Kid friendly, low in added sugar and perfect for a sweet but healthy breakfast.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine tigernut flour, cocoa powder, ground flax and baking powder.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Let batter sit for 5 minutes to thicken. While waiting, preheat miniature waffle iron.
- Pour about 3 tablespoons batter onto preheated mini waffle iron.
- Cook until done.
- Repeat steps 4-5 until all batter has been used up.
*If tigernut flour has clumps, sift prior to using. Measure by spoon and level method or simply by weight.
Keywords: waffles, tigernut flour, chocolate, Paleo, Vegan, Nut Free, Egg Free, breakfast, allergy friendly