Healthy, grain free Paleo muffins made with green plantain flour and sweetened with apple sauce. Moist, dense and easy to make!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients: plantain flour, tapioca flour, ground flax, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix in wet ingredients: apple sauce, water and vanilla.
- Let batter sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Stir batter a couple times after sitting, then scoop about 1/4 cup batter per muffin into a lined muffin pan (recipe makes 9-10 full-sized muffins).
- Place in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove muffins from oven and let rest in pan for 10 minutes. Then, transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool to room temperature.
- Best stored in a sealed, air-tight container in the fridge.
*I use a coffee grinder to grind raw flax seed.
Keywords: muffins, plantain, no added sugar, Paleo, Vegan, nut free, allergy free, egg free