This simple, satiating smoothie is only sweetened with strawberries and blueberries. It is a healthy, yet delicious smoothie recipe the whole family will love.
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup organic spinach
- 1/2 large avocado
- 3 Tbsp ground flax
- 2 scoops collagen*
- 2 tsp beet root powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup light canned coconut milk (shaken)
- Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender.
- Blend, starting at a low speed and gradually increasing the speed until the smoothie has a smooth, consistent texture (be patient!). Use the tamper as needed.**
- Pour smoothie into a bowl or large cup.
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
*I used vanilla collagen protein, but any type or brand of collagen will work (flavored or unflavored). You may also substitute collagen for your favorite protein powder.
**If you don't have a high powered blender like a Vitamix, you may need to add extra coconut milk for the mixture to blend.
Frozen strawberries and blueberries are recommended for a thick, creamy texture. Using fresh berries will make the smoothie more liquid.
If you prefer a sweeter smoothie, blend in additional ingredients such as: banana, maple syrup or pitted dates.
Keywords: strawberry blueberry smoothie recipe, smoothie without banana, dairy free strawberry blueberry smoothie, dairy free smoothie, paleo smoothie recipe, whole30 smoothie, healthy smoothie recipe