Nut free turmeric truffles with a sunflower and date filling. Flavored with turmeric powder and ground ginger and coated in extra dark chocolate. A delicious, sweet, earthy dessert that is Paleo, Vegan and allergy free.
- 100 g pitted Medjool dates (about 8 dates)
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric root powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz 80-90% dark chocolate
- Add all filling ingredients to food processor. Blend until the mixture becomes sticky and can be formed into balls.
- Scoop out 1 heaping teaspoon of dough and roll into a ball.
- Place the balls on a small pan or plate and stick in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Next, melt the dark chocolate. Place chocolate in a small saucepan and melt on low heat, stirring frequently.
- Once melted, individually dip the balls into the dark chocolate, coating completely.
- Set truffles on flat surface and place in fridge or freezer to set.
You may add a pinch of turmeric powder to the top of each truffle. To do this, add turmeric powder right after dipping the ball - before the chocolate has a chance to set.
Keywords: turmeric, dessert, nut free, egg free, Paleo, Vegan, allergy free