Fluffy Vegan buckwheat pancakes that are gluten free, Paleo friendly and great for a satisfying breakfast.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine buckwheat flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- Using a spatula, mix in water, yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Fold chocolate chips into the batter.
- Grease a frying pan (I used coconut oil) and set it on the stove top. Preheat on medium heat.
- Once hot, add 1/4 cup batter per pancake to the frying pan (I cooked 3 at a time). Cover the pan with a lid and cook until the pancakes are golden brown on the bottom.
- Flip each pancake and cook until done. Note: do not over-cook the pancakes. They are best left a little under-cooked in the center.
- Serve immediately along with your favorite toppings.
*You may need more or less water depending on the type of yogurt you use. The batter should be thick and goopy, but easy to stir. See process photos (in blog post) for an example. Also, the water may be substituted with any dairy free milk.
**I used Kite Hill unsweetened almond milk yogurt. You may substitute with any type/brand of yogurt.
Keywords: buckwheat pancakes, paleo pancakes, vegan pancake recipe, egg free pancakes, nut free, paleo breakfast recipes, vegan breakfast