Simple, Frozen Banana Bars without any added sugar or sweetener. They have a nutty base and banana-coconut filling. Perfect for a refreshing Paleo and Vegan summer treat.
- For the Crust: combine all crust ingredients in food processor and blend until mixture can be pressed together and hold its shape.
- Remove base from food processor and press into lined 8" x 8" pan.
- For the Filling: combine all ingredients for filling in food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Pour filling over base and place in freezer for at least 6 hours. Optional: add additional cinnamon on top prior to freezing.
- Remove from freezer once set, cut into 16 pieces and serve. Optional: drizzle with dark chocolate.
- Store in freezer.
*You can substitute any nut or seed for the pecans and walnuts.
*Use just the cream from a can of full fat coconut milk. Each can typically has about 1 cup of cream (which is enough for this recipe).
***I like using xanthum gum to create a smoother, thicker texture for the filling but it will not affect the taste. You can omit if desired.
Keywords: no-bake, banana bars, vegan, no added sugar, egg free, dairy free