Kinda, sorta, totally in love with these Frozen Banana Bars. These healthy banana ice cream bars are perfect for summer since they are no bake and quick to make. Even better, this low sugar dessert is Paleo, Vegan and only sweetened with bananas!
If you like banana ice cream, then you are sure to love my recipe for no-bake, Frozen Banana Bars.
These healthy ice cream bars are:
- gluten free
- only sweetened with bananas
- made with just a few staple ingredients
- dairy free
- easily made nut free
- loved by kids (and adults)
Honestly, these bars are the BEST Paleo summer treat.
How to Make Frozen Banana Bars
The perfect part about making no-bake, frozen banana bars is that you don’t need any eggs, dairy (butter) or flour. Naturally, these ingredients have no place in a raw banana bar.
Make the Crust
First, you must make the crust. This layer is composed of shredded coconut, nuts, cinnamon and a bit of salt.
These ingredients are blended together in a food processor or high powdered blender then pressed into a lined 8″ x 8″ baking pan.
Make the Filling
Next, make the filling. In a food processor, combine bananas, coconut cream, vanilla, cinnamon and xanthan gum. This makes a smooth, creamy banana layer.
Pour the filling over the base and freeze!
How to Decorate Banana Bars
Honestly, these bars taste great without any additional topping. But, if you really want to impress your guests (or your kids) then you can add a little something for looks.
For instance, before freezing these bars I added additional cinnamon on top of the filling. I also added a dark chocolate drizzle after the bars were cut. Little additions like this really make these bars pop!
More Recipes using Ripe Bananas
If you’re like me, you often have ripe bananas laying around. A few other great Paleo recipes for using excess bananas include:
- Healthy Blueberry Banana Bread
- Banana Cassava Pancakes
- Tahini Banana Collagen Bread
- Vegan Raspberry Banana Muffins
Simple, Frozen Banana Bars without any added sugar or sweetener. They have a nutty base and banana-coconut filling. Perfect for a refreshing Paleo and Vegan summer treat.
- 1 cup unsweetened, flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup whole, raw pecans*
- 1/2 cup raw walnut pieces*
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 large, extra ripe bananas
- 1 cup coconut cream**
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp xanthum gum (optional)***
- For the Crust: combine all crust ingredients in food processor and blend until mixture can be pressed together and hold its shape.
- Remove base from food processor and press into lined 8″ x 8″ pan.
- For the Filling: combine all ingredients for filling in food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Pour filling over base and place in freezer for at least 6 hours. Optional: add additional cinnamon on top prior to freezing.
- Remove from freezer once set, cut into 16 pieces and serve. Optional: drizzle with dark chocolate.
- Store in freezer.
*You can substitute any nut or seed for the pecans and walnuts.
*Use just the cream from a can of full fat coconut milk. Each can typically has about 1 cup of cream (which is enough for this recipe).
***I like using xanthum gum to create a smoother, thicker texture for the filling but it will not affect the taste. You can omit if desired.
Keywords: no-bake, banana bars, vegan, no added sugar, egg free, dairy free