This healthy gingerbread donuts recipe is made with almond flour and topped with a dark chocolate glaze. These donuts are paleo, gluten free and dairy free.
- 1 cup blanched almond flour (100g)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour (65g)
- 1 tsp paleo baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp water
- 3 oz dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 Tbsp molasses (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a silicone donut pan with avocado oil and place it on a baking sheet.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients for the donuts. This includes the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Mix in the wet ingredients for the donuts. This includes the egg, avocado oil, maple syrup, molasses, vanilla and water. Whisk batter until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the greased donut pan.
- Place the donuts in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove donuts from oven and cool in pan for 5 minutes. Then transfer the donuts to a wire cooling rack.
- Make the chocolate glaze: place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small saucepan. Melt on the stove top, over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Once melted, turn off the heat and mix in the molasses, cinnamon and ginger.
- Dip the cooled donuts into the chocolate glaze. Optional: top with sprinkles.
- Place the donuts in the fridge for a few minutes, allowing the chocolate to fully set.
For best results, measure ingredients by weight, when given. I use a small kitchen scale when baking.
Keywords: paleo donuts, gingerbread donuts, baked gingerbread donuts, gingerbread donuts recipe, baked paleo donuts, grain free donut recipe, almond flour donuts, almond flour gingerbread donuts