These Green Apple & Thyme Burgers are made with ground beef and seasoned with green apple, thyme and onion powder. They are a great family friendly, Paleo meal option.
- 1 lb organic, grass fed ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 green apple, finely chopped (65 g)
- 1/4 cup ground flax (or almond flour)
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Mix first with a fork, then use your hands.
- Separate the beef mixture into 4-6 pieces* and roll into balls. Using your hands, flatten the patties and place them on a large skillet.
- Place the skillet on your stove top and turn the heat to medium. Cover the burgers and cook for 10 minutes. Then, flip the burgers and cook an additional 8-10 minutes uncovered**
- Remove burgers from skillet and serve with your favorite toppings and condiments.
*I made 6 burgers, but this recipe will serve anywhere from 4-6 people. If using sweet potato buns like I did, then I recommend making the burgers smaller.
**Cooking time will vary slightly depending on how thick your burgers are and how well done you like them. This cooking time was specifically for 6 burgers cooked well done. They were still moist, but perfectly cooked through (no pink on the inside).
Keywords: hamburger, burger, lunch, dinner, paleo, nut free, dairy free