These healthy zucchini fritters are gluten free and paleo friendly. They are perfect for breakfast or eaten as a side dish to any meal!
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, lightly packed (115g)*
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cassava flour (75g)
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil (for cooking)
- Combine zucchini, onion, garlic, basil and eggs in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Mix in cassava flour, salt and pepper.
- Preheat a frying pan on medium heat and add avocado oil.
- Once the pan is hot, shape the fritters and cook them on the frying pan. To do this: use a large cookie scoop (2 tablespoons in size) to scoop the batter and then shape it into a small pancake using your hands. Place the fritter on the frying pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly and serve.
*115 grams with water removed
Keywords: healthy zucchini fritters, savory fritters recipe, paleo zucchini fritters, easy zucchini fritters, vegetarian zucchini fritters, healthy breakfast recipe, healthy lunch ideas, allergy friendly meals, cassava flour fritters