Homemade 100 grand bars with a date caramel filling, sprouted buckwheat groats topping and dark chocolate coating.
- Line an 8" x 4" loaf pan with foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- Place pitted dates in a small bowl. Boil water and pour over dates so that they are fully submerged. Soak for 5 minutes to soften.
- Drain water, then place dates in food processor or high powdered blender. Process the dates, stopping every few seconds to scrape the sides, until they form a paste.
- Add in tahini, vanilla and salt. Blend the mixture until it forms a thick, consistent paste.
- Spread the caramel into the lined baking pan.
- Top caramel with buckwheat groats. Use your hand to press them down so that they sit firmly in the caramel.
- Place caramel in the freezer and freeze for at least 4 hours. The caramel will harden but will not be completely solid.
- When the caramel is ready, melt the dark chocolate. Place the chocolate and coconut oil in a small sauce pan and melt over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Once the chocolate is melted, turn off the heat and grab the frozen caramel. Cut the caramel into 12 equally sized pieces.
- Dip the caramel, one at a time, into the melted chocolate and then place on a lined baking sheet to set.
- Top the candy bars with remaining chocolate (if desired).
Keywords: 100 grand candy bar, homemade candy bars, copycat 100 grand bars, paleo 100 grand, paleo candy bars, vegan candy bar recipe, vegan 100 grand bars, date caramel bars