Simple Huckleberry Crumb Bars made with fresh huckleberries and an almond flour crust. Paleo and Vegan friendly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the crust and crumble: add all crust/crumble ingredients to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Mix with a spatula until dough is well combined.
- Cut the dough in half, using half for the crust and half for the crumble.
- Line an 8" x 4" baking pan with foil and press the dough for the crust firmly into the lined pan.
- For the filling: place all filling ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 5-10 minutes, or until mixture starts to thicken.
- Pour the filling over the crust.
- Crumble the remaining dough over the filling. Optional: add an extra sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Place pan in preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly and serve. Or, chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours and serve cold.
- Store bars in fridge.
Keywords: huckleberry, crumble, bars, dessert, summer, egg free, Paleo, Vegan