These lemon pepper meatballs are made with ground turkey and coated in a sticky lemon sauce. This recipe is paleo and gluten free.
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil (for cooking)
- 1 lb ground turkey (or any ground meat)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp cassava flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp tapioca starch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- Place a medium-sized saucepan on the stovetop and set the heat to medium. Pour the avocado oil in the pan.
- Combine all of the meatball ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Roll the meatball mixture into balls, each about one rounded tablespoon in size.
- Place the meatballs on the preheated saucepan. Cover the pan with a lid and cook on medium heat for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While the meatballs are cooking, make the sauce. Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- After 8 minutes of cooking the meatballs, remove the lid from the saucepan. Flip the meatballs again, making sure all sides are browned and the meatballs are cooked through.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs. Continue cooking the meatballs on medium heat, stirring every so often so that the meatballs get fully coated. Once the sauce has thickened, turn off the heat to the stovetop and serve the meatballs with your favorite side dish.
Keywords: lemon pepper meatballs, turkey meatballs recipe, paleo turkey meatballs, paleo meatball recipe, pepper and onion meatballs, healthy meatball reicpe