A healthy Paleo Flatbread recipe, perfect for making wraps, sandwiches, tacos or simply dipping into your favorite sauce.
- 1 cup cassava flour (130g)
- 1/2 packet Bare Bones Instant Chicken Bone Broth (8g or about 1 Tbsp)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup yogurt*
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp water
- avocado oil for cooking
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients (cassava flour, bone broth, baking powder, baking soda, salt).
- Mix in wet ingredients (yogurt and water) with a spatula. Then, use your hands to knead the dough.
- Separate dough into 6 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
- One at a time, flatten the balls and roll between two sheets of parchment paper with a rolling pin. Use cassava flour to dust the surface for easier rolling.
- Preheat large frying pan.
- Pour 1 teaspoon avocado oil on frying pan and place the flatbread dough on pan. Cook until bubbles form on the top and the bottom is golden brown (1-2 minutes).
- Flip flatbread using a spatula and cook 1-2 minutes more.
- Repeat until all flatbread is cooked.
*Any type of yogurt should work. I used almond milk yogurt. A great Paleo, nut free option would be coconut milk yogurt.
Keywords: flatbread, side, bread, no added sugar, nut free, Paleo, dairy free, egg free