This healthy Paleo pasta salad is the perfect summer side dish. Paleo, grain free, vegan and tossed in a lemon and olive oil dressing.
- 1 box cooked cassava penne pasta (8oz)*
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber (I used Persian cucumbers)
- 1/3 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot (or red onion)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl. This includes the cooked pasta, red pepper, cucumber, olives, shallot and basil.
- Make the dressing: combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix until well coated.
- Serve immediately, or cover and store in the fridge.
*Any pasta will work. Cassava pasta is the best Paleo option. Cook the pasta according to the box instructions, rinse with cold water and drain before using.
Keywords: side dish, pasta salad, cassava pasta, grain free pasta, paleo sides, lunch ideas, paleo dinner, egg free, vegan, vegetarian, nut free, summer salad