This Paleo Peach Cobbler is made with fresh, ripe peaches and has an almond flour biscuit-like topping. It is Paleo, Vegan, lightly sweetened and easy to make!
- 3 cups chopped fresh, ripe peaches (440g)
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot flour (or tapioca)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make the Filling: chop peaches into small cubes, removing the core. Place peaches in a large mixing bowl. Add arrowroot flour and mix until well coated. Then, add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Place the filling in an 8" x 8" baking dish.
- Make the Topping: Combine almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Mix in shortening, honey and vanilla until well combined. Separate the topping into 6 pieces of fairly equal size. Roll each piece into a ball and flatten.
- Place the topping on top of the filling.
- Put the cobbler in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 28-30 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.
- Cool slightly and serve.
Keywords: cobbler, summer dessert, peaches, Paleo, Vegan, egg free, dessert, low carb