These paleo vegan chocolate cupcakes are made with cassava flour and topped with a chocolate coconut cream frosting. Grain free, dairy free and egg free!
- 1/2 cup cassava flour (70g) spooned & leveled
- 1/3 cup dutched cocoa powder (28g) sifted, spooned & leveled
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup almond butter (just dry roasted almonds)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with 9 cupcake liners.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the cassava flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a larger mixing bowl, combine the almond milk, almond butter, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture. Whisk until smooth.
- Scoop the batter into the lined muffin pan, filling each slot nearly to the top (making 9 cupcakes).
- Place the cupcakes in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from oven. Cool 5 minutes in baking pan, then carefully transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Melt coconut cream and chocolate chips in a small sauce pan, over low heat.
- Once fully melted, remove from heat and add in the vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Place frosting in the fridge for 1.5 - 2 hours to firm.
- Frost cooled cupcakes.
Cupcakes best stored in fridge.
For best results, measure ingredients by weight (when given).
*just the cream from a can of coconut cream or full fat coconut milk
Keywords: paleo vegan chocolate cupcakes, paleo cupcake recipe, gluten free vegan cupcakes, healthy cupcakes, chocolate recipes, egg free cupcakes, chocolate frosting, coconut cream frosting, cassava flour cupcakes, cassava chocolate cupcakes, paleo dessert recipes, vegan dessert