This brisket is slow-cooked in the crockpot for an easy, simple dinner.
- 2 - 2 1/2 lbs organic, pasture raised beef brisket
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp dried fennel seed
- ground pepper to taste
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Place brisket inside crock pot. You can either keep the cut whole, or slice it into smaller pieces.
- Mix all spices in a small bowl (except sesame seeds) and sprinkle over brisket.
- Put lid on crock-pot and set cooking temperature to high.
- Cook until done.*
- Remove brisket from crock pot and place on lined baking sheet. Broil in oven for about 5 minutes for a crisp top. **
- Remove from oven and top with sesame seeds before serving.
*The cooking time will depend on the size of the meat you put in. I suggest prepping this recipe in the morning and then letting your meat cook all day, until the evening. But, you could start the cooking time later in the day. I recommend a minimum cooking time of 5 hours on high temperature.
**If you decide to cut the brisket into small pieces before cooking, I do not suggest broiling (step 5). Also, If you want your meat shredded (similar to a pulled pork) then I suggest skipping this step.
Keywords: brisket, paleo dinner, pasture raised, beef, allergy free, egg free, nut free