These healthy plantain pancakes are made with ripe plantains and eggs. They are paleo friendly, gluten free and don't contain any added sugar.
- Preheat a frying pan on medium heat and grease with a little oil (I used coconut oil).
- Place the sliced plantains in a food processor or high powered blender. Blend to a chunky liquid.
- Add remaining pancake ingredients to food processor and blend until batter is smooth.
- Let batter sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Scoop 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto preheated frying pan. Place lid over pan (I find this helps pancakes fluff up and cook evenly) and cook on medium heat until bubbles form. Then flip pancakes and cook until done.
*I used ripe plantains (yellow with black/brown spots). You'll need 1-2 plantains depending on the size.
**Coconut flour thickens the batter and helps create a fluffier pancake texture. You can omit the coconut flour if you want, but the batter will be runnier and the pancakes will be flatter.
Keywords: plantain pancakes, paleo plantain pancakes, gluten free plantain pancakes, easy plantain pancake recipe, no sugar added plantain pancakes, paleo breakfast recipes