Paleo pumpkin cupcakes made with cassava flour and sweetened with maple syrup. Grain free, gluten free, dairy free and nut free!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil (unrefined, extra virgin)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp cassava flour (105g)*
- 2 tsp Paleo baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut cream**
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp tapioca flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients.
- Add in dry ingredients, whisk.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup batter per cupcake into a lined muffin pan (9 cupcakes).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on cooling rack to room temperature before frosting.
- Combine coconut cream, maple syrup and vanilla in a small mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Add in tapioca flour. Whisk until smooth.
- Place frosting in a plastic baggie and pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
Cupcakes best stored in fridge. I recommend waiting to frost the cupcakes until just before they're served.
*For best results, use Otto's cassava flour and measure by weight (given in grams)
**Just the cream from a can of full fat coconut milk
Keywords: pumpkin cupcakes, cassava flour cupcakes, paleo cupcake recipe, nut free grain free cupcakes, pumpkin desserts, paleo dessert, grain free cupcakes