This shaved brussels sprouts salad is made with shredded brussels sprouts and green cabbage, then topped with a homemade mustard vinaigrette.
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp raw honey (maple syrup for vegan)
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp mustard (I used spicy brown)
- 1/2 Tbsp honey (maple syrup for vegan)
- 18-20 brussels sprouts, thinly shredded
- 3 cups thinly sliced green cabbage (about 1/4 head)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- about 3/4 cup candied nuts
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Place the pecans and pumpkin seeds on a small frying pan and set heat to medium-low.
- Drizzle olive oil and honey over the nuts, and stir a wooden spoon or spatula until the honey has completely melted and the nuts are well coated.
- Sprinkle the rosemary, salt and chili powder over the nuts, mixing again to coat.
- Let the nuts cook, stirring every so often. Keep a close eye on them so they don't burn, but the cook time takes about 8 minutes (on medium-low heat).
- Remove the nuts from the frying pan and place on a parchment lined baking sheet or large plate to cool. As the nuts cool, they will crisp up.
- Grab a small, lidded jar and combine all dressing ingredients. Place the lid on the jar and shake to combine.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the shredded brussels sprouts and cabbage. Mix well.
- Top with remaining salad ingredients.
- Drizzle with mustard vinaigrette.
If you like a lot of salad dressing, or plan to let guests add their own dressing to their portion of the salad, then I recommend doubling the mustard vinaigrette recipe.
This salad can be prepped up to two days in advance. Don't add the dressing until an hour or two before serving.
Store any leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge, up to 3 days.
Keywords: brussels sprouts salad, shaved brussels sprouts salad, paleo brussels sprouts salad, healthy salad recipe, shredded brussels sprouts salad, vegan brussels sprouts salad, brussels sprouts salad with mustard vinaigrette