These pan cooked green beans are perfect for a healthy, quick weeknight side dish. They cook in less than 20 minutes and use just 6 simple ingredients.
- Place green beans in a medium sized frying pan.
- Add water, cover pan and cook on medium-high heat for 8 minutes**
- Remove lid from pan, add olive oil and salt. Mix to coat the green beans.
- Cook (uncovered) for an additional 8-10 minutes on medium heat, stirring every couple minutes.
- Remove green beans from pan and top with hazelnuts and sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.
*To make life easy, I suggest using a 12 oz bag of trimmed green beans. However, buying green beans in bulk (or untrimmed) works too. Just be sure to wash and cut the ends of the green beans prior to cooking.
**After this step, green beans should be tender, not rubbery. If this isn't the case, then continue cooking until tender.
Keywords: green beans, vegetables, side dish, Paleo, Vegan, Whole 30, no added sugar, egg free