Low sugar coconut butter cups that are Paleo, Vegan and can be made allergy free.
- In a small sauce pan, melt chocolate and coconut oil on low heat. Stir frequently.
- Once fully melted, turn off heat and mix in cayenne and salt.
- Pour about 1 teaspoon of chocolate into 12 of the mini cupcake mold slots. Place in freezer and freeze until set. (Only takes a couple minutes.)
- Remove from freezer and add a teaspoon of melted coconut butter on chocolate, freeze.
- Remove from freezer and add another teaspoon of chocolate on top of coconut butter, freeze.
- Store in fridge or freezer.
*Adding the coconut oil is optional, but I find that it helps with the consistency of the chocolate - making it easier to work with.
**Using 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper with 4 oz dark chocolate produces a mildly spicy coconut butter cup. Feel free to add more or less cayenne, according to taste preference.
Note: If you want to make bigger, thicker coconut butter cups then feel free to use larger quantities of chocolate and coconut butter for each layer. Measurements do not need to be exact, but if you use the measurements given they will make exactly 12 mini coconut butter cups.
Keywords: coconut butter, chocolate, dessert, low sugar, no added sugar, egg free, nut free, vegan, allergy free