Healthy Paleo crepes made with sweet potato flour. Perfect for a simple, grain free breakfast.
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup plant based milk (or water)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp sweet potato flour*
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Place frying pan**on stove top. Add a small amount of oil (I used coconut oil) and set heat to medium.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and maple syrup.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the preheated frying pan. Rotate the pan so that the batter spreads out to the edge of the pan in a thin, even layer.
- Cook the crepe on medium-low heat until nearly cooked through.
- Flip and cook a few seconds more.
- Remove the crepe from the pan and repeat process until no more batter remains.
- Add desired fillings to crepes, fold (or roll up) and eat.
*sift the sweet potato flour to prevent clumps in the batter
**I used a large (11"-12") frying pan for this recipe. If using a small frying pan, you'll want to use just 2-3 tablespoons batter per crepe.
Keywords: sweet potato, crepes, nut free, breakfast