Healthy, naturally sweetened caramels infused with turmeric and cinnamon.
- Place dates in a small microwavable bowl. Cover with water and microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds**
- Drain water from dates. Add to food processor with coconut oil and vanilla. Blend.
- Add remaining ingredients to food processor. Blend until mixture is a smooth, thick and creamy texture.
- Place a couple tablespoons of coconut flour in a small dish. Scoop out about 1 tablespoon of the caramel filling and drop it into the coconut flour. Pick up the filling and roll it into a ball.
- Place the fillings on a small baking sheet or plate. Freeze for at least 2 hours to firm.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in small saucepan over low heat.
- Once fully melted, remove caramel balls from freezer and dip (one at a time) into chocolate. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet to set.
- Optional: after coating all caramels in chocolate, drizzle remaining chocolate on caramels and add a pinch of turmeric.
- Store in fridge or freezer.
*Coconut oil makes chocolate runnier and easier to work with. However, this ingredient may be omitted.
**If you don't have a microwave or don't want to microwave the dates, then place them in a bowl and boil a pot of water. Pour the boiling water over the dates, covering them completely, and let them sit for 5 minutes to soften. Drain the water and use.
Keywords: turmeric desserts, turmeric & cinnamon, cinnamon caramels, paleo caramels, paleo caramel recipe, vegan date caramels, chocolate covered caramel, turmeric candy, chewy caramel recipe, paleo dessert, no bake vegan dessert, allergy friendly, nut free dessert