These healthy protein chocolate chip cookies are made with almond flour and pea protein. They're gluten free, dairy free and low carb!
- 1/3 cup Non-hydrogenated shortening, softened (or butter)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or monk fruit sweetener)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour (55g)
- 1/4 cup Nuzest Vanilla Protein Powder (28g)*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine shortening and coconut sugar. Mix well.
- Add in egg and vanilla, mix.
- Add in almond flour, protein powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Fold chocolate chips into the batter.
- Scoop cookie dough (1 rounded tablespoon per cookie) onto baking sheet. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Best stored in fridge or freezer.
*No other protein powders have been tested. Use my affiliate discount code "bakeitpaleo" for 15% off any Nuzest purchase.
Keywords: protein cookies, chocolate chip, nuzest, dessert, pea protein, low carb cookies, vanilla protein, healthy dessert recipes