These Vegan Carrot Cake Bars are Paleo, allergy free and only sweetened with bananas. The frosting is made from 4 simple ingredients. This simple dessert is healthy enough for breakfast and perfect for babies, kids and adults.
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp ground flax + 6 Tbsp water)
- 2-3 large, ripe bananas (250g)
- 1 cup shredded carrot (85g)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, lightly packed (32g)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour (32g)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup non-hydrogenated shortening
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp tapioca flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the bars: in a small bowl, make flax eggs by mixing together 2 Tbsp ground flax + 6 Tbsp water. Let sit for 5 minutes to set.
- Peel bananas and mash in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in shredded carrot, melted coconut oil, vanilla and flax eggs. Mix well.
- Add remaining bar ingredients to bowl and mix well.
- Pour batter into a lined 8" x 8" glass pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool bars to room temperature in glass pan*
- For the frosting: in a small mixing bowl, whisk together shortening, maple syrup and vanilla. Add tapioca flour 1 Tbsp at a time. Whisk until smooth**
- Spread frosting over cooled bars. Optional: add desired toppings such as chopped nuts, bee pollen and/or sprinkles.
- Place bars in fridge for at least 10-20 minutes for frosting to set.
- Remove from fridge, cut into bars (recipe makes 16 bars) and serve!
- Store carrot cake bars in fridge.
For best results, measure ingredients by weight.
*It's important to cool the bars in the glass pan so that they continue cooking
**May need to warm frosting for 5-10 seconds in the microwave to soften shortening
Keywords: carrot cake bars, vegan carrot cake bars, paleo carrot cake bars, paleo vegan carrot cake, easy carrot cake bars, banana carrot bars, allergy friendly dessert, healthy carrot cake bars