This homemade Vegan Soft Pretzels Recipe is the perfect way to sneak in some veggies. These soft baked pretzels are made with grain free flours and include cauliflower. They are Paleo, Vegan, kid friendly and don't contain any added sugar!
- 1/2 cup mashed cauliflower (115g)*
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil (plus more for topping)
- 1 + 1/3 cups almond flour (128g)
- 2/3 cup tapioca flour (86g) (plus more for rolling)
- 1/4 cup ground flax (24g)**
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- flaked sea salt (optional topping)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients (except flaked sea salt) to food processor. Blend, stopping every so often to scrape the sides, until the dough is well mixed.
- Separate dough into 4 pieces of equal size.
- Knead each piece a few times, then shape into a pretzel*** Use more tapioca flour as needed.
- Place each pretzel onto a lined baking sheet.
- Brush each pretzel with a bit of avocado oil and sprinkle with flaked sea salt.
- Place on the middle rack of your oven and bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly and serve!
For best results, measure ingredients by weight when given.
*Steam, cooled and mashed with a fork
**I made my own ground flax by grinding whole flax seeds in a coffee grinder.
***To shape into a pretzel, roll each piece of dough into a thin rope, just over 10 inches long. (This is easiest to do on a sheet of parchment paper that's dusted with tapioca flour.) Then, grab the two ends, twist them together and fold them over the middle.
Keywords: pretzels, paleo pretzels, vegan pretzels, paleo vegan bread, no added sugar, egg free, yeast free